Cardiologists in London, Ontario provide clinical services to London Health Sciences Centre’s (LHSC) Cardiac Care program and St. Joseph’s Health Care London ambulatory facilities. We strive for excellence and innovation in clinical, research and educational cardiovascular health and disease programs. Cardiologists also have full time academic appointments with the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University and many are active in research and medical education.
Patient care and research areas:
- Cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention
- Structural heart disease procedures
- Advanced heart failure management
- Cardiac transplantation
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Pregnancy management
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiac electrophysiology/arrhythmia management, including pacemaker, ICD, CRT and ablation procedures for ventricular and supra-ventricular arrhythmias
- Full non-invasive cardiac diagnostic services including ECG, ambulatory monitoring, stress testing, echocardiography and advanced cardiac imaging.
The Division of Cardiac Surgery has a long tradition of innovative research in transplantation, arrhythmia surgery and, more recently, minimal access and robotic surgery. Pre-clinical studies in the latter domain are carried out in the Canadian Surgical Technologies & Advanced Robotics (CSTAR) unit within the Lindros Legacy Research Pavilion at LHSC’s University Hospital.
The Division of Cardiac Surgery also has a dedicated clinical research infrastructure, with clinical research associates and a mature clinical database that facilitates the conduct of retrospective and prospective cohort studies. Members of our division have served on editorial boards and as an Associate Editor of major cardiothoracic surgical publications, regularly publish the results of our research in peer-reviewed journals and frequently present at national and international meetings.
The clinical program of vascular surgery is located at LHSC’s Victoria Hospital and is dedicated to excellence and leadership in patient care, education and research. Both clinical and basic science research are pursued by scientists and vascular surgeons.
- Cardiac Care Services at LHSC
- Division of Cardiology at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Division of Cardiac Surgery at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Division of Vascular Surgery at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention Program at St. Joseph’s Health Care