Sample types currently include:
- Breast disease site - blood and breast tumour tissue obtained at the time of biopsy; and
- Prostate disease site - blood, prostate tissue and urine obtained at the time of biopsy, and serial blood and urine samples on a subset of prostate cancer patients.
Data currently collected includes:
- Baseline data (patient history, family history, diagnostic information, primary pathology, residual disease information);
- Sample collection details;
- Neoadjuvant treatment, adjuvant treatment and radiation therapy data;
- Adverse events; and
- Follow-up data.
The samples are available for use by all Lawson and Western University personnel.
Cryogenic freezer storage space is also available for a minimal fee.
To request the use of samples, discuss research projects or to inquire about a custom request, please contact the principal investigator, Dr. Muriel Brackstone at Muriel.Brackstone@lhsc.on.on.ca.
For general questions, including more information about sample collection procedures and research application procedures, contact Kalan Lynn, Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.