Hosted by Lawson, the Café Scientifique is a free community event that provides an informal opportunity to get involved with science. Through an open-forum discussion in a casual setting, we address health-related issues of popular interest to the general public.
Each Café Scientifique highlights a particular theme of importance in health research and includes a panel of experts discussing latest practices and findings.
Guests can ask questions, participate in discussion, and gain insights from the speakers, as well as from one another.
You are invited to Lawson’s next Café Scientifique:
An image of the future: Innovations in imaging research
Lawson Health Research Institute has long been a leader in biomedical imaging. The first MRI images in Canada were captured at St. Joseph’s Hospital and we were the first in the country to install PET/CT and PET/MRI scanners. New developments in imaging research continue to enhance the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a wide range of diseases, from cancer to PTSD.
Hear a panel of Lawson Imaging scientists discuss their cutting-edge work and have the opportunity ask questions as part of an open-forum discussion to gain insights from the speakers, and from one another.
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Time: 7 to 9 p.m.
- Location: Mercato at Brescia University College, Clare Hall, 271 Ramsay Road, London ON, N6G 0S2
Registration: For more information on registration, please visit the event page.
- “Imaging of the heart: Seeing the cause of chest pain more clearly”
Dr. Ting-Yim Lee
- “Using light and sound to improve breast surgery”
Dr. Jeff Carson
- “How imaging can improve the management of epilepsy”
Dr. Udunna Anazodo
- MODERATOR – Dr. Frank Prato
In celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary as a nation, this event is the first of a two-part series focusing on the future vision for health care in our country and the legacy our research will leave.
Past Café Scientifique topics have included:
- Making Canada a leader in health care, again
- Innovations in health research
- Made to measure medicine
- Childhood obesity: Its causes and complications
- Understanding addictions.
If you would like to receive invitations to this free event, please email your name and contact information to email@example.com.