Caring for our health care system
LAWSON PRESENTS CAFÉ SCIENTIFIQUE
Caring for our health care system:
Why we should give a darn about medical research
What does health care mean to Canadians? What about those of us who have experienced a care journey first-hand, either as a patient or family member? Health care is a point of pride in this country, but many Canadians worry that our system is falling behind.
Every day, health researchers are working with patients, industry and other partners to find real and sustainable solutions. Despite recent investments in medical research on a national level after years of underfunding, there is still much work to do.
Join Lawson Health Research Institute for our next Café Scientifique event to hear a panel of researchers talk about what they do and why medical research matters for all of us.
- Dr. Amer Burhan, Geriatric Neuropsychiatrist and Clinician Scientist
- Dr. Kelly Vogt, Trauma and General Surgeon and Clinician Scientist
- MODERATOR – Dr. Cheryl Forchuk, Beryl and Richard Ivey Research Chair in Aging, Mental Health, Rehabilitation and Recovery
- Date: Monday, October 7, 2019
- Time: 5-7 pm (doors open at 4:30 pm).
This is NEW timing so that guests are free to watch the English-language leaders’ debate!
- Location: Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, 591 Wellington Rd, London, ON N6C 4R3
Map and directions
- Parking: Free on-site parking
This is a free event and online registration is REQUIRED.