SCIENTIST INNOVATION GRANT 2020
The Children’s Health Research Institute (CHRI) is pleased to announce the SCIENTIST INNOVATION GRANT Competition with funds generously provided by the Children’s Health Foundation (CHF). All CHRI Scientists and Associate Scientists are eligible to apply for this Award. Up to THREE awards of $60,000 per annum each for two years are available.
The following guidelines are designed to facilitate the submission of applicationsfor the award. A successful proposal will include (most,if not all) the following research outcomes:
• Generation of new and exciting data that will allow CHRI Scientists and Associate Scientists to be successful in leveraging grants from national and international granting agencies.
• Development of a collaborative and cohesive multidisciplinary research team that will be competitive in national and international granting competitions.
• High potential for impacting diagnosis, therapy or delivery of healthcare to children.
• Strongpotential to attract donor support towards partial or full funding for the project.
Project submissions will be ranked based on the demonstration of (1) relevance to children’s health, (2) high innovation/impact, (3) strong fundraising potential, and (4) multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
1. Completed applications (application forms are available on the CHRI website, lawsonresearch.ca/chri) must be signed by the Chair of the CHRI Divisionof the Principal Investigator (PI).
2. A CHRI Scientist or Associate Scientist must be the PI who will submit the cover letter. Co-PIs and collaborators from CHRI (within and other Divisions) are encouraged, but not required. Co-PIs and collaborators from the CHF Partners (Children’s Hospital and Thames Valley Children Centre), other programs at Lawson and other departments at Western are also encouraged.
3. Budgets must not exceed $60,000 per annum. Funding for the second year will be based on the satisfactory progress report at the end of the first year.
4. CIHR Academic format of Common CVs of the PI and Co-PI(s) are required. Collaborators are required to submit letters of collaboration describing their role(s).
The deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 12, 2020. Applications should be sent to:
Administrative Coordinator, Children’s Health Research Institute, LHSC-VH A5-103
Any questions should be directed to your respective CHRI Division Chairs.
Grant Application: Scientist Innovation Grant 2020
Internal Research Grant Fund Competition 2020
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO Friday, MAY 29, 2020
The Children’s Health Research Institute (CHRI) is pleased to announce its request for applications for the 2020 Internal Research Grant Fund Competition.
As part of its mission, CHRI is committed to encouraging and supporting London-based research that aims to improve children’s health. All CHRI Scientists and Associate Scientists are eligible to apply. The purpose of this request for applications is to provide CHRI Scientists and Associate Scientists with support for:
- New projects which are original and innovative with good potential for external funding
- Collaborative projects between two or more Scientists/Associate Scientists will be considered favourably
- Start-up projects for junior Scientists/Associate Scientists
- Partial support for graduate students
- Projects that are extensions or related to previously-funded studies will NOT be funded.
- PIs who have received funding from the IRGF within the last 3 years will not be considered.
***Revision to CHRI Internal Research Grant Fund Competition 2020: One-time waiver regarding eligibility of those who have received recent funding***
In response to the reduction in some sources of grant funding as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, CHRI is waiving the rule: “Principal Investigators who have received funding from the IRGF within the last 3 years will not be considered” for this competition ONLY to offer more Scientists and Associate Scientists, who are proposing NEW research projects, the opportunity to submit applications. In the event of equally meritorious applications are assessed by peer review, priority will be given to funding PIs who do not currently hold CHRI grants or those who have not received funding in the past three years.
The maximum allowable request for each grant is $10,000. However, under well-justified circumstances, larger requests may be considered.
The grant application and guidelines for this competition can be found below.
For further clarifications, please contact your Division Chair.
Submit an electronic copy of the application with required signatures, in pdf format, to Christine.Koustrup@lhsc.on.ca by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 29, 2020 (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Grant Application: CHRI Internal Research Grant Fund 2020