Commercialization and Business Development (WORLDiscoveries®)
Commercialization opportunities at Lawson Health Research Institute are managed through WORLDiscoveries®.
WORLDiscoveries® is the business development arm of London’s extensive research network and the bridge between local invention and global industry.
Working With Our Partners, Bringing Innovation to Market
WORLDiscoveries® represents a new and exciting means of bringing local knowledge and invention to the global market and the global market to our local economy.
Born out of a partnership between Lawson, Robarts Research Institute and Western University, WORLDiscoveries® draws upon a mix of industry connections, sector-specific market knowledge, and business development expertise to help researchers and local inventors commercialize their discoveries through licensing and new company spin-offs. In delivering this value proposition, WORLDiscoveries® is a material contributor to the sustained financial health and vitality of London’s Research Row and the community at large.
A number of opportunities are currently available for research collaboration, partnership and/or licensing to industry partners and receptors in the biotechnology, imaging and medical device fields.
For more information, visit the WORLDiscoveries® website.
A mutually beneficial market partnership for every innovation in the WORLDiscoveries®portfolio.
WORLDiscoveries® strives to:
- Encourage and promote innovation at Western University, Robarts Research Institute and Lawson Health Research Institute.
- Identify and facilitate the protection, development and timely transfer of said innovative research products and services for the use and benefit of the organization, its faculty, staff, students and society.
Our team is responsible for:
- Identifying, protecting and promoting promising discoveries and technologies generated at Western, Robarts & Lawson;
- Guiding and assisting inventors in exercising value-added technology development strategy and exploring commercialization funding opportunities; and,
- Negotiating and closing licensing deals with industrial partners committed to developing Western, Robarts & Lawson inventions.
For questions, contact Kirk Brown, Lawson’s dedicated Manager of Business Development at WORLDiscoveries™:
Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 89096