The Communications & External Relations office is committed to working cooperatively with the media. We will make every effort to respond quickly to requests from members of the news media.
519-685-8500 ext. ext. 75616
519-685-8500 ext. ext. 75664
The media is asked to contact Lawson Communications in order to facilitate the following:
- Interviews with scientists and research personnel
- Interviews with research participants (signed consent forms must first be obtained by members of Lawson’s Communications & External Relations office)
- Stories about Lawson and research taking place at hospital sites across London
- Hospital access (all sites as part of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London)
- Audio recording, videotaping, filming, photography on hospital property, research space, etc.
- General information and inquiries about Lawson
Lawson is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London – we adhere to the media guidelines of both hospitals when facilitating media requests on hospital sites.
- As a courtesy, the media is asked to contact Lawson Communications before coming onto hospital property, including research space.
- The media is not allowed to enter patient care areas and other restricted areas without first obtaining authorization from Lawson Communications.
- The media is asked to wear proper identification of their employer while on hospital property.
- The media must first notify Lawson Communications before interviewing, photographing, filming, or making an audio or videotape of a research participant (whom may also be a hospital patient). Signed consent, obtained by Lawson Communications, is required.
- Lawson scientists and research personnel must also be asked for their permission before the media can use them for an audio or video recording, filming, photographs, or an interview.
- After-hours media access is not permitted unless arranged in advance.
Lawson Health Research Institute (Lawson) is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St. Joseph’s Health Care London (St. Joseph’s). As one of Canada’s top ten health research institutes, we are committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.
Media Room Links