Lawson Impact Awards 2020
The 2020 Lawson Impact Awards, scheduled for April 16, are postponed due to the COVID-10 pandemic.
We remain committed to recognizing our winners, and alternate plans for recognition are being explored.
If you have already purchased tickets, you will receive a refund.
Every day, hospital-based research in London changes the lives of people around the world. Through close proximity to patients, scientists in the hospitals can identify challenges and develop solutions effectively, and then deliver them to care faster than anywhere else.
The Lawson Impact Awards celebrates these unique accomplishments. Lawson’s annual event honours research making a difference and acknowledges our scientists, staff, trainees and partners. With an awards competition in seven categories, the Lawson Impact Awards recognize excellence in academics, leadership, training, operations, industry and innovation.
The evening features cocktail reception and networking, dinner, awards presentation and a keynote address given by Dr. Danielle Martin.
Dr. Danielle Martin
From Evidence to Action: Research Leadership for System Change
Drawing from the best available evidence here in Canada and around the world, we can move upstream to address the social determinants of health and disrupt our models of patient care, especially by re-imagining the roles that digital health and virtual care can play. But while evidence and scholarship are necessary inputs into system change, they are not sufficient.
Engagement beyond our hospital and research institute walls, building on a foundation of shared values, will be necessary to build a healthier society.
Congratulations to our 2020 Winners!
- Dr. Chris McIntyre - Scientist of the Year
- Dr. Cheryl Forchuk - Innovation Award
- Dr. Bekim Sadikovic - Dr. Joseph Gilbert Research Contribution Award
- Dr. Janice DeMoor - Staff Award of Excellence
- Stephanie Marrocco - Leadership Award for Fellows & Students
- Rogers Communication - Industry Partner
- Keith Samitt - Community Partner Award (LHSF)
- William and Lynne Gray - Community Partner Award (SJHCF)
- Canadian Pacific - Community Partner Award (CHF)