Generation Vape: The new era of lung injury
One in four high school students have tried vaping in the past 30 days. Some believe that it’s a safe alternative to smoking, but is that true? Do we know enough about the risks? Hear the latest from a panel of experts and join the conversation about the health effects of vaping.
Presented in partnership with Western University's Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, this community event includes a series of small presentations followed by a panel discussion. This includes the team that published the first reported case of vaping-related lung injury in Canada.
- Dr. Karen Bosma, Critical Care Specialist, London Health Sciences Centre, Associate Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute and Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Grace Parraga, PhD, Scientist, Robarts Research Institute and Professor, Medical Biophysics, Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Carly Weeks, Health Reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Suraj Paul, Aliana Manji, and Eleanor Park, Human Environments Analysis Laboratory Youth Advisory Council (HEALYAC)
- Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. (Doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
- Location: Lecture Theatre, Museum London (421 Ridout St N)
- Registration: This event is free for all to attend, but registration is required.