Date:Wed Apr 18th 2018
Start time:05:00 PM
Join us at the fifth annual Lawson Impact Awards and celebrate hospital-based research making a difference.
- Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Time: Reception 5:00 p.m., Dinner & Awards 6:00 p.m.
- Location: London Convention Centre
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Julielynn Wong, physician-scientist & 3D innovator
- Tickets: Purchase your tickets today. Ticket sales will close on Wednesday, April 11 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
The evening will feature dinner, awards and a keynote address from physician-scientist and 3D innovator, Dr. Julielynn Wong, titled “How Technology is Enhancing Our Future.”
Dr. Wong is a Queen’s and Harvard-educated physician-scientist, innovator, and educator whose life’s mission is to take technology to the extreme to benefit the world. She is internationally recognized as a 3D printing, drone, robotics, telemedicine and digital health pioneer who uses cutting-edge technology to deliver healthcare solutions across diverse environments, from outer space to remote communities with limited access to healthcare resources. She was the first to 3D print medical supplies on the International Space Station and she designed a solar-powered ultra-portable 3D printing system that can make medical supplies in remote, off-grid communities.
With award competitions in seven categories, the Lawson Impact Awards recognize excellence in academics, leadership, training, operations, industry and innovation. Congratulations to this year’s award recipients:
- Dr. Robert Teasell - Scientist of the Year Award
- Dr. Mandar Jog - Innovation Award
- Dr. Manuel Montero-Odasso - Dr. Joseph Gilbert Research Contribution of the Year Award
- Sheila Fleming - Staff Award of Excellence
- Sarah Best - Staff Award of Excellence
- Amanda McIntyre - Leadership Award for Fellows & Students
- London X-Ray Associates - Industry Partner of the Year Award
- CAISA (Canadian Asian International Student Association) - Community Partner of the Year Award
- London Run for Ovarian Cancer - Community Partner of the Year Award
- Kyle MacDonald and John Franklin - Community Partner of the Year Award
Purchase your tickets today. Ticket sales will close on Wednesday, April 11 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Student/Trainee: $30.00
- Scientist/Staff/Guest: $65.00
- Table of 10: $600.00
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.