2017 Lawson Impact Awards
Join us at the fourth annual Lawson Impact Awards and celebrate hospital-based research making a difference.
- Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Time: Reception 5:00 p.m., Dinner & Awards 6:00 p.m.
- Location: London Convention Centre
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Dave Williams, record-breaking Canadian astronaut, aquanaut and researcher
- Tickets: Purchase your tickets today. Ticket sales will close on Wednesday, April 12 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
The evening will feature dinner, awards and a keynote address from record-breaking astronaut, aquanaut and researcher, Dr. Dave Williams, titled “The Art of the Possible: Innovation Transforming Healthcare”.
From space shuttle missions to working in the world's only underwater ocean laboratory, Dr. Williams is Canada's first dual astronaut and aquanaut. In addition, he has worked as an emergency room doctor, Director of Emergency Services at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and as Director for the McMaster Centre for Medical Robotics where he led a team dedicated to developing innovative technologies to assist in the development of local and remote patient care. Dr. Williams is currently CEO of Southlake Regional Health Centre.
With award competitions in seven categories, the Lawson Impact Awards recognize excellence in academics, leadership, training, operations, industry and innovation. Congratulations to this year’s award recipients:
- Dr. Peeyush Lala - Scientist Career Award
- Drs. Glenn Bauman and Aaron Ward - Innovation Award
- Dr. Gediminas Cepinskas - Dr. Joseph Gilbert Research Contribution of the Year Award
- Arthroplasty Clinical Research Team (Dr. Lyndsay Somerville, Codie Primeau and Bryn Zomar) - Staff Award of Excellence
- Charles Ishak - Leadership Award (Student & Trainee)
- IDB Holland - Industry Partner of the Year Award
- Helen and Andy Spriet - Community Partner of the Year Award
The 2017 Lawson Impact Awards will also celebrate Canada’s 150th year as a nation. The event will include special elements that celebrate the history of Lawson scientists as global leaders in health research, as well as a chance to look forward to the future of health research in Canada.
Don’t miss your chance to celebrate research with impact. Purchase your tickets today. Ticket sales will close on Wednesday, April 12 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- Student/Trainee: $30.00
- Scientist/Staff/Guest: $65.00
- Table of 10: $600.00
For questions or more information, please email @email.