Current clinical trials
Do you suffer from a cardiac rhythm problem called Atrial Fibrillation? Are you between 30 and 62 years of age? Do you have no prior history of stroke? Participate in a clinical trial! Find out more information about participating in this study.
CanaFIBS: dietary intervention for small intestinal bacteria overgrowth (SIBO)
Do you suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)? Lawson is looking for looking for IBS patients with diarrhoea. Do you think that certain foods trigger your symptoms? Are you interested in participating in a study looking at dietary management of IBS? Find out more information about participating in the study.
Visit the following registries to find other current clinical trials being conducted at Lawson Health Research Institute:
- For all types of clinical trials: www.clinicaltrials.gov
- For cancer clinical trials: www.ontariocancertrials.ca
- Health Canada’s clinical trials database
- World Health Organization
- International Standard Registered Clinical/soCialsTudy Number (ISRCTN)
Why should you participate in a clinical research study?
- Contribute to important health research and innovation.
- Help yourself and others by advancing medical knowledge and patient care.
- Access cutting-edge diagnostics and treatments.
- Gain additional support and care from a clinical research team.
Will you help shape the treatments of tomorrow? Watch this video from It Starts With Me to learn more about clinical trials, a type of clinical research:
Where does clinical research happen?
Depending on the research being done, it can take place in many different locations, including:
- Doctor’s offices
- Medical centres
- Community nusing stations
- Academic centres, such as universities and medical schools
- At your home
For more information
- What is a clinical trial?
- Participating in clinical trials
- Regulations and guidelines
- Considerations for participants and questions to ask
- Clinical Trials Ontario
- It Starts With Me
If you have questions, please call 519-667-6649 or email email@example.com.