Lawson Health Research Institute (Lawson) is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London. As one of Canada’s top ten research institutes, we are committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.
Research Associate at the Clinical Genomics Laboratory – VH
Research Associate opportunity is available with Dr. Bekim Sadikovic, Program Head of Molecular Diagnostics within Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London, Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Western University and, Scientific and Clinical Director of the Verspeeten Clinical Genome Centre.
The position has an initial duration of one year, with the possibility of extension, to begin immediately.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the expanding clinical research team consisting of a diverse group of postdoctoral fellows, genome analysts, and clinical bioinformaticists, focused on projects involving advanced molecular technologies in clinical genomics and related to ongoing studies in genomic and epigenomic changes in patients with a range of constitutional and somatic genomic conditions. Main roles associated with this position involve bioinformatic analysis of genetic and epigenetic data, project management, and communication of research findings via written articles in peer-reviewed journals and conference presentations.
For more information, please see the full posting. To apply, please visit the London Health Sciences Centre’s Careers website (Job ID: 78293)
PhD in genetics, epigenetics, molecular biology, bioinformatics, or related field
• Four (4) years’ experience post-Phd fellowship or work experience
• Minimum of two (2) year previous experience in computer programming languages, specifically R
• Data management expertise (including scientific, genetics/genomic and/or medical data)
• Experience working with human genetics data in research or clinical setting
• Experience with statistical methods related to the analysis of genomic data including linear regression and machine learning
• Experience in code documentation, organization, and scripting
• R experience including data visualization (eg. ggplot2) and Bioconductor
• Ability to create R scripts from scratch and adapt existing ones to solve biological problems
• Strong publication record, including multiple first author publications
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a member of a team collaborating with a multidisciplinary research team and clinical experts
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet competing deadlines
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
• Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities,Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.