Lawson Health Research Institute (Lawson) is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London. As one of Canada’s top ten research institutes, we are committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.
The Quality Assurance and Education Officer is responsible for implementing and performing the requirements of
Lawson’s quality management system for clinical research. This role is accountable for the drafting and maintenance ofcompliant documentation (standard operating procedures, guidance documents, work instructions, templates) which areoften developed through stakeholder consultation. The Quality Assurance and Education Officer acts as a point of contact resource and develops and delivers a program of education to support clinical research team compliance. This role engages stakeholders and conducts requested, routine and directed quality assurance reviews, supportsinvestigations and assists clinical research team corrective and preventative action plans.
Successful completion of an Undergraduate Degree program in Health Sciences, Science, or a Diploma in
Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs and Quality Operations (co-op), or an equivalent field
• Minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience
• SoCRA, ACRP or equivalent clinical research professional certification desired
• Proven knowledge of clinical research conduct, and experience with Health Canada regulated research studies
• Demonstrated proficient knowledge of legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines relevant to clinical
• Demonstrated experience in quality improvement methodology to improve clinical research QMS and compliance
through an integrated program of documentation, education, quality assurance, and feedback
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate technical information in a
clear and concise manner.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills applied throughout all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize effectively with exceptional time management skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is
committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible
minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing
persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.