Lawson Health Research Institute (Lawson) is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London. As one of Canada’s top ten research institutes, we are committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.
Lawson’s Contracts team is responsible for the drafting, review, negotiation, approval and processing of research related contracts for institute research. Contracts vary in complexity from industry sponsored clinical trial agreements, inter-institutional agreements for investigator-initiated studies, multi-party memorandums of understanding, to material transfer, data sharing and confidential disclosure agreements. The Contracts Specialist is responsible for the most complex research related contractual arrangements. The Contracts Specialist will engage and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders, manage institutional risk and provide effective service and support to researchers and outside parties. In addition, the Contracts Specialist will provide functional team oversight for the Contracts team, and act as a subject matter expert for contract negotiations. This role undertakes initiatives that focus on streamlining the contracting process, establishing quality standards, and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of the Lawson Contracts team.
For more information, please see the full posting. To apply, please visit the London Health Sciences Centre’s Careers website (Job ID: 80121).
Successful completion of an Undergraduate Degree in Law, Health Science or Biomedical Science-related
program, or as otherwise acceptably by LHSC and Lawson. LL.B with a background in Biomedical or Health
• Minimum of five (5) years recent, related experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of clinical research in a hospital environment preferred
• Knowledge of the acts, regulations, compliance legislation governing human participant and animal research preferred
• Proficient knowledge and demonstrated experience with contract review and negotiation with a preference for
research related contracts experience
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office 365 suite (intermediate skill set in Word, Excel and Sharepoint), data base, and Outlook email system tools
• Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize effectively with exceptional time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as both a member and supervisor of a team
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
• Experience in data analytics
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is
committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible
minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing
persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.