Professional and Academic Experience
- B.Sc., University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
- B.Sc. (Honours), University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Ph.D. in Cellular Immunology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Postdoc in Immunology, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Senior Postdoc in Immunology, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Western University
- Educator in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Western University
- Scientist in the Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology at Lawson Health Research Institute
Director of the Screening Lab for Immune Disorders (SLID) at Lawson Health Research Institute
Teaching - Western University
- Microbiology and Immunology 2500A/B - Biology and Infection and Immunity
- Microbiology and Immunology 3620G - Immunology Laboratory
- Microbiology and Immunology 3820A - Microbiology and Immunology for Nursing Students
- Dental 5185 - Core Biology
Research Interest Area
The Screening Lab for Immune Disorders is able to provide Core services to clinicians and academics abroad. Currently, we are the only lab in Ontario to provide multiplex services using the Bio-Rad BioPlex 200 machine. Services include screening tests to evaluate cellular responses in various clinical settings, including autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders/conditions, and drug reactions. Further, Dr. Summers is available to do immunology consultation for investigators in medical and scientific professions. Finally, we do Research & Development with the goal of developing novel ELISA and multiplex assays as potentially new diagnostic tests and therapies for clinical disorders.
We have several collaborative research projects with local Clinicians, Scientists, and private companies and gladly welcome new collaborations!
Please contact Dr. Summers if you wish to make use of any of these services.