Training & Education
Lawson Health Research Institute is pleased to offer a wide range of quality training and education programs for health research students and research personnel.
Research at Lawson provides undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with opportunities to train in a basic science or clinical setting under the supervision of a researcher.
London Health Research Day is the annual citywide research day hosted by Lawson Health Research Institute and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. It is considered London’s premier research showcase event for graduate students, trainees, clinical fellows and postdoctoral scholars.
Talks on FridayS (TOFS) is a weekly, student-run seminar series hosted by Lawson. It is designed to provide students with opportunities to develop professional skills and experience, including:
- presenting conference-style oral presentations to an audience
- preparing for internal competitions, such as London Health Research Day
- networking with other members of Lawson’s research community, with the potential to identify prospective career and/or collaborative opportunities
Training, education and professional development ensure individuals and labs perform at optimal levels by:
- Building and maintaining a highly skilled workforce;
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, policies and procedures;
- Increasing productivity and efficiency; and
- Contributing to a safe, positive work environment rooted in corporate values.
Some training and education opportunities include:
- Lawson Animal Education Program (LAEP);
- Healthcare Materials Management;
- Clinical Research Training; and
- Health and Safety.