The South West Regional Cancer Program oversees the delivery and quality of cancer services for the counties of Grey, Bruce, Huron, Perth, Middlesex, Oxford, Elgin, and part of Norfolk. It is one of 13 Regional Cancer Programs created by Cancer Care Ontario in 2005 to ensure cancer care is delivered according to province-wide quality standards.
Dedicated to providing a comprehensive regional cancer system for residents of the South West region, the program’s role is to ensure access to the right services, in the right place, at the right time, by the right provider for all forms of cancer.
- We will be person centred and actively partner with patients and families supporting them to be healthier, more engaged, and better informed throughout the cancer journey.
- We will focus on improvements in patient experience and outcomes for colon, rectal, and skin cancer patients from suspicion of disease through active treatment.
- We will improve access, efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of Imaging and Diagnostic Services in support of cancer patients across the region.
- We will ensure sustainability and continuously improve the quality of our cancer care services across the South West.
- We will optimize all specialized programs to ensure full effectiveness within the region and across all affiliate provider sites.