London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), one of Canada’s largest acute-care teaching hospitals, is dedicated to excellence in patient care, teaching and research. For more than 145 years, LHSC has provided patient care for the people of London and its surrounding regions.
More than 75 national and international medical breakthroughs have been pioneered at LHSC, to the benefit of patients at home and around the world. Through affiliations with Western University and more than 30 other educational institutions, LHSC trains more than 1,800 medical and health care professionals annually.
LHSC’s physicians, residents and staff number nearly 15,000 and together they provide care for more than one million patient visits each year.
Today, LHSC is home to:
- University Hospital and Victoria Hospital
- Westmount Kidney Care Centre
- Byron Family Medical Centre and Victoria Family Medical Centre
- 54 Riverview Avenue Site
- Children’s Hospital
- London Regional Cancer Program
- CSTAR (Canadian Surgical Technologies & Advanced Robotics)
- Children’s Health Foundation
- London Health Sciences Foundation
Mission: An academic hospital, committed to improving health and delivering value for citizens of London, the South West Region and beyond. Building on our tradition of leadership, stewardship and partnership, we champion patient-centred care, with a spirit of inquiry and discovery, and a commitment to life-long learning.