Register today for London Health Research Day (LHRD) and experience the largest research-focused activity in Southwestern Ontario.
With hundreds of presentations from top learners, LHRD is your opportunity to learn about health research being conducted in the city of London. Dr. Janet Smylie, an international leader in the field of Indigenous health and health research, is this year’s keynote speaker as part of The Lucille & Norton Wolf Health Research Lecture Series.
Dr. Smylie will also join a group of local and national researchers as part of a new event - Exchange: A London Health Research Day Forum on Diversity and Inclusivity.
Exchange: A London Health Research Day Forum on Diversity and Inclusivity
Exchange aims to foster conversations around equity, diversity and inclusivity in the careers of health researchers, including gender, and how we can work together to identify and implement solutions.
- Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Time: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Location: North Campus Building, Western University. See campus map.
- Registration is required.
The evening’s presenters include:
- Dr. Janet Smylie – An international leader in the field of Indigenous health and health research
- Dr. Greta Bauer – A scientist at Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry with a special interest in LGBTQ health
- Dr. Alysha Croker – Current manager of the Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC) and the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF) programs at the Tri-agency Institutional Program Secretariat, and previous lead on the development of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s (CIHR’s) Equity Strategy
- Shantal Feltham – Founder of Stiris Research, a London-based North American clinical trial management company
- Learners from Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, training in labs at Western and Lawson Health Research Institute
London Health Research Day 2018
- Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018
- Time: Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. View the full event schedule.
- Location: London Convention Centre. See location map and transportation/parking details.
- Guest registration is required for the lunchtime keynote speaker and the networking and awards reception.
London Health Research Day is presented in partnership by Lawson Health Research Institute and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.