Exchange: A London Health Research Day Forum on Diversity and Inclusivity will feature presentations from local and national researchers to spark a discussion on diversity, including gender, and how we can work together to identify and implement solutions.
- Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Time: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Location: North Campus Building, Western University. See campus map.
The evening’s presenters include:
- Dr. Janet Smylie – An international leader in the field of Indigenous health and health research
- Dr. Greta Bauer – A scientist at Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry with a special interest in LGBTQ health
- Dr. Alysha Croker – Current manager of the Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC) and the Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF) programs at the Tri-agency Institutional Program Secretariat, and previous lead on the development of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s (CIHR’s) Equity Strategy
- Shantal Feltham – Founder of Stiris Research, a London-based North American clinical trial management company
- Trainees from Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, working in labs at Western and Lawson Health Research Institute
Registration is also open for London Health Research Day 2018, taking place on Thursday, May 10.
London Health Research Day is presented in partnership by Lawson Health Research Institute and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.