Date:Wed Jan 20th 2021
Start time:10:00 AM
End time: 11:00 AM
A coordinated project that services the unique health and housing needs of those at risk of being discharged from hospital to no fixed address.
About this Event
Join Lawson, the City of London and community agencies from across the city to learn about the next phases of the No Fixed Address (NFA) strategy. We are building upon several successful projects testing a potential best practice for preventing hospital discharge to homelessness.
Patients discharged from hospital to homelessness in Canada face many challenges that make recovery more difficult. They often experience higher readmission rates and emergency department visits. This is particularly concerning for youth, who have been found to be the fastest growing segment of the homeless population. It is time to stop the cycle between hospital discharge and homelessness. NFA offers coordinated access to services that bring housing and financial supports into the health-care system, starting as soon as possible after admission.
This virtual event will be held as a Zoom webinar and streamed on YouTube. Details will be sent to all registered participants before the event date.
- Children’s Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre
- Children’s Aid Society London and Middlesex
- City of London
- CMHA Middlesex
- Housing Stability Bank – The Salvation Army Centre of Hope
- Lawson Health Research Institute, the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London
- London Health Sciences Centre
- Parkwood Institute, St. Joseph’s Health Care London
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited