Children’s Health Research Institute provides travel assistance to research trainees doing work at our Institute. Funding is intended to enable graduate students, postdoctoral trainees, instructors, and researchers to participate in scholarly meetings and gain experience in research dissemination (e.g., to present a paper or poster at an official conference or symposium).
For more information and to submit an application, please contact:
519-685-8500, ext. 55095
- The trainee’s primary supervisor must hold an appointment as a Children’s Health Research Institute (CHRI) Scientist or Associate Scientist.
- Eligible trainees include graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, research associates, undergraduate students, instructors, and community-based researchers.
- The request for financial support for travel to a conference/meeting must be submitted in writing prior travelling.
The following documentation must be added to the request for support:
- Letter of support from the trainee’s primary supervisor.
- Letter of acceptance for the Abstract Poster from the Organization holding the conference/meeting.
- Copy of the abstract submission, which must list CHRI as an affiliate
- Proposed work must directly relate to the CHRI’s research goals and vision. Successful applicants must acknowledge CHRI in any presentations, posters, and manuscripts and, where applicable, include the CHRI logo.
- Primary supervisors may only support one request for trainee travel support annually.
- Funding will not be considered where a travel award from another Department/Institution has been received.
- Upon completion of travel, original receipts and boarding passes must be submitted to the CHRI Administration Office for reimbursement purposes.
Eligible expenses include:
- Economy airfare
- Conference registration
For other expenses, please check with CHRI prior to submitting your expense claim. Expense claims must include all original receipts, including boarding passes, and a full explanation of the costs.
Funding amount: up to $1000
Once approved and you have returned, please address the envelope, with expense receipts, to:
Christine Koustrup, Administrative Coordinator
Children’s Health Research Institute
Rm. A5-103, 5th Floor, Victoria Research Laboratories
800 Commissioners Road East
London, Ontario N6C 2V5