Lawson Health Research Institute (Lawson) is the research institute of London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St. Joseph's Health Care London (St. Joseph’s). As one of Canada’s top ten research institutes, we are committed to furthering scientific knowledge to advance health care around the world.
Reporting to the Manager, Research Approval and Contracts, The Administrative Assistant provides day to-day administrative support to leaders/department as required within the portfolio. This role performs a variety of administrative duties that require comprehensive knowledge of the department, use and/or access to confidential information; and coordinating a range of administrative activities to support the leaders and the department. Supporting the Research Approval, Contracts and Quality Assurance & Education teams, responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:triaging the Contracts team email, intaking, logging and tracking all contracts referred to the Contracts team, routing
approved contracts for signature, maintaining electronic records, tracking, reporting and recording Investigator training, creating new research approval software user accounts and providing trouble shooting for account log-ins, scheduling meetings, circulating meeting agendas and keeping meeting minutes.
Successful completion of a minimum 2 year College diploma in Medical, Executive or Office Administration, or as
acceptable by the Hospital
• Minimum two (2) years of recent, related experience demonstrating a high standard of performance and work quality
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, required, and an ability to learn and embrace new technologies
• Demonstrated high quality, accurate work with databases and electronic record management
• Demonstrated ability to work with others in a collaborative approach
• Self-motivated and action-oriented; a team player and who can work independently when required
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Customer focused and responsive to the specific and unique needs of each working situation
• Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable as priorities change daily
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and troubleshoot effectively while maintaining a positive and professional work environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Successful candidates will be required to complete a health review which includes providing vaccination records or proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox). In addition candidates will need to provide documentation of Tuberculosis Skin testing and a completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines).
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test.
Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months