World-class medical research is essential for delivering the best care for our patients.
A collaboration between Lawson Health Research Institute, LHSC and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University, the goal of CCIT is to enable pioneering discoveries in the area of translational clinical research that enhance the care and treatment of patients. The completion of the CCIT was realized as a result of sustained support from London community donors.
The facility was the first clinical research centre of its type in Canada which has been purpose-built to be located within an academic medical centre and focused on enabling investigator initiated clinical research while also retaining the capability and capacity for industry-sponsored clinical trials. CCIT functions as a dedicated and centralized hub of the intellectual and physical resources needed by clinical researchers.
The Centre for Clinical Investigations and Therapeutics includes:
- Extended stay space: suitable for extended study visits, including extended day and overnight study visits that may require dedicated beds. A variety of room types are available, including private rooms and four-bed ward rooms - some with adjoining lab processing areas.
- Ambulatory examination rooms: ideal for shorter stay research study visits, such as screening, consenting and safety follow-up visits.
- Investigational product and bio specimen storage: temperature controlled, alarmed storage is available within the unit for CCIT-related research activity.
- Dedicated, calibrated supporting equipment.
Available staff includes:
- CCIT nursing staff: for investigational product administration and safety monitoring
- Dedicated CCIT research staff:
- for performing phlebotomy, electrocardiograms (ECG), lab processing and shipment to an off-site central lab location
- for assistance with CCIT admissions, including scheduling and registration in the Cerner system.
For questions, pricing, and availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your needs. You will receive an email reply within one business day.
Room B5-200, University Hospital
London Health Sciences Centre
339 Windermere Road